Funding the Plan
Transforming Loyola 2020 will be funded in three ways:
- Through existing budgets and reallocation of current resources
- Revenue growth from increased enrollment as the result of new programs
- External fundraising
Transforming Loyola 2020 will be implemented through 21 action plans that were developed by the University Strategic Planning Team. The Gantt chart below, created during the early stages of plan development, approximates the phased implementation of each action plan. The actual implementation schedule may vary slightly.
While the Strategic Planning Team recognizes that all of the action plans will begin implementation in academic year 2014-2015, the Team has developed assessment metrics and cost estimates for five priorities that require immediate attention:
- Experiential Learning: Ensure that each student will engage in at least two experiential-based practices which may include collaborative research, community engagement, internships, and study abroad and global immersion
- Academic Support Services: Centralize academic support services that create highly visible space to foster independent and mentored student learning and success
- Career Services: Transform Loyola’s Career Services to make it a signature program and recruitment tool.
- Collaborative Advising: Create a new model for advising that is collaborative across academic and non-academic units and that focuses on student development, not just progress toward degree.
- New Programs: Create and enhance programs that will supply graduates for growing-demand professions in New Orleans.